Episode 1: The Fell's Point Fun Festival
- The Preservation Society: started the Fun Festival in 1967 to showcase Fell's Point
- FellsPoint.US: site about Fell's Point and its history
- FunFestival Facebook page
- FellsPointFest.com: In 2013, Fell’s Point Main Street entered into an agreement to organize and manage the festival for the benefit of The Preservation Society. This is their new web site.
- Wikipedia article on Fell's Point
- National Park Service's page on Fell's Point
I really feel like I hijacked this assignment from Jacquie. She gave me the assignment to highlight Fell’s Point events, but I don’t think she realized what she was getting into. I had recently returned from a trip to Harper’s Ferry and Antietam with my wife. That trip piqued my interest in history, causing me to take a different look at this historic community I work in. I’m not sure if Jacquie’s forgiven me yet for pushing her in a more historical direction, but I know for sure she’s along for the ride.
I love Fell's Point because I'm a visual person, not because I'm that into history. I keep getting dragged into documentary topics about the neighborhood mostly because of my interest in the forces evolving the community. I was glad when Frank took on my initial assignment because I thought a web series might help provide an outlet for some of the video I've been collecting. However, he seems to be going in a different direction.