Frank meets a retired Fell’s Point bar owner who has a top-shelf collection of artifacts depicting the history of local brews.
This episode started out as an episode about the bars in Fell's Point. Turkey Joe took me on a tour of the area, telling me stories about the area and the bars. When we were about to depart, he told me about the collection he held in his attic, and I just had to see it. In the end, while the bars held some interest, I think his Breweriana collection was more intriguing and definitely more historical.
- Brewery Collectibles Club of America
- American Breweriana Association
- The Beer Can Guide (claims to be the internet's @1 reference for beer can collectors)
- Breweriana.com (claims to be the oldest retail beer can and breweriana web site now on the internet, dating back to 1996)
- "Baltimore Beer: A Satisfying History of Charm City Brewing (MD)" by Rob Kasper, Amazon listing for book with a chapter on Joe Trabert the collector and former bar owner
- IMDb listing for Turkey Joe in "Desperate Living"
- Baltimore Sun article mentioning Turkey Joe
- Baltimore Sun article about Joe Trabert's home in Hamilton