Feb. 28, 2019: Ken Gutberlet
Tonal Vision featured Ken Gutberlet as our tenth act from Mice in the Attic, Tonal Vision’s live streaming music series. Ken has been a stalwart of the Baltimore-area music scene for 20+ years – paying for beer and chocolate with cover gigs, feeding his creative side with his self-penned rootsy Americana tunes.
“Mice in the Attic” is Tonal Vision’s new multi-camera live streaming program designed to showcase the depth and breadth of Baltimore’s music scene and to give up-and-coming performers the opportunity for broader exposure. Alex Carle, the lead singer of City Line Kids, hosts the series.
- Has released 3 ½ cds of his original music, the latest being 2013’s “Delayed Gratification”
- Songwriting influences include folks with relatable but powerful lyricism and music – i.e. John Prine, Lucinda Williams, Jason Isbell – and acts that groove – i.e. J J Grey & Mofro, Railroad Earth
- Successfully completed a fearless songwriting challenge week in January – write a song a day for a week – the quick writings/recordings are on SoundCloud; has been way behind schedule during this year’s FAWM (February Album Writing Month)
- Encourages music for all through his stringed instrument instruction, songwriting insights (most of this with the Baltimore Songwriters Association), and open mic night hosting (unfortunately, the last open mic he hosted closed up last year)
- Website: casualtunes.com - on facebook, instagram, twitter, youtube, ...
- in November, he spent two weeks in Copenhagen playing acoustic favorites in pubs
- Proud winner of two raffle baskets at City Line Kids “Cosmic Paddleboard” release party
“Wrong Line” "Mermaid" "Down on Thames" "Swimming in the Deep End"
Host: Alex Carle, City Line Kids
Producer & Streaming Manager: Kraig Greff
Business Manager & Videographer: Jacquie Greff
Copywriter & Photographer: Mya Montgomery
Graphic Artist: Dee Sambataro