À LA CARTE & ADD-ONS
Our packages are designed as an easy way to estimate the costs of a project. If your project meets the criteria for a specific package, we guarantee that price, even if we end up spending additional time or resources. For a few projects, such as very simple edits, it may be less expensive to use our à la carte prices below, and we will always quote these if we think this will lower your costs. In some instances, a project would profit from additional resources, or "Add-ons".
The prices below are estimates. They will increase if more time, equipment, or higher skill levels are required.
- Additional videographer with camera and basic audio package, 1/2 day: $450
for example, to add testimonials or specially-filmed b-roll to our "Message with a Voice" package or to add an additional videographer to one of our multi-camera performance packages
- Make-up artist, especially helpful for interviews: $250
- Supplemental animation and/or stock footage: $500
- Professional actor/spokesperson or voice-over narration: $500
- Order-taking and fulfillment for performance DVDs: See PERFORMANCES & DANCE RECITALS
À La Carte Prices
These à la carte prices are based on the amount of work, equipment and skill required to perform a service. We also offer several packages with simplified pricing. In most cases, the package price is about the same as what would be calculated from the detailed à la carte pricing.
We do not charge for the initial meeting to understand and plan a project. For simple projects, this single meeting is all that is needed. However, larger projects may require a script, location scouting, permits, budgeting, hiring of specialized crew, etc. Below are common pre-production expenses.
- Producer: $350/half day ($90/hour)
- Scriptwriting: $75/hour
- Casting session(s): $500 & up
Production is the actual shooting of the video. Simple projects often require only a videographer, camera and basic microphone equipment. For this type of project, our rates are:
- Videographer: $300/half day
- Video camera (high definition, professional model) and basic audio equipment (wireless and wired lavalier, hand-held and shotgun microphones): $150/half day or $200/full day
For more important video or more challenging shooting situations, common additions are:
- Audio recordist: $300/half day
- Audio mobile package (high-end microphones, mixer, and recorder): $150/half day or $200/full day
These rates for an audio recordist and audio mobile package above also apply to location audio recordings done without accompanying video.
- Production assistant: $200/half day
For projects requiring actors and/or voice talent, commercial rates for area professionals are available on the SAG-AFTRA web page (www.sagaftra.org/wma/local-production-information). Even if you prefer to work with non-union talent, these rates are a helpful guide to pricing for area professionals.
Recording at our facility
We have space to video and/or audio record 1-2 speakers or instrumentalists. The room features state-of-the-art acoustic treatments and audio recording equipment. The studio offers fabric backgrounds in a choice of black, white, green or wood-look. Cost:
- $100/hour audio or video (includes videographer or audio engineer), plus 1/2 hour set-up for video
- $150/hour video with separate recording studio audio processing (includes videographer and audio engineer), plus 1/2 hour set-up
- $150/hour live streaming video (includes streaming technician and videographer), plus 1/2 hour set-up
For many of our projects, at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the total budget goes into post-production. Editing of any kind is time-consuming, and the more editing, the more polished the finished piece. The following rates cover most of our services:
- Basic video editing: $60/hour ($75/hour for projects requiring >5 hours)
- Specialized or more demanding editing, e.g., animation, motion graphics, audio postproduction, color correction, DVD menu design: $90/hour
- Original music: $500 & up
- Voice-over talent: often ~$500, but varies
- DVD/CD short run duplication
- 1-10 DVDs or CDs in cases with graphic inserts and labels printed on disc: $5 each plus tax & shipping
- 10+ DVDs or CDs in cases with graphic inserts and labels printed on disc: $3.25 each (shrink wrap option available)
- Blu-ray discs in cases with graphic inserts and labels printed on disc: $10.00 each (shrink wrap option available)
* What is a DCP? According to Filmmaker Magazine, DCP is a file-based format that has quickly become the standard for theater screenings both for major releases and film festivals, allowing your film to be projected by a digital projector. If you need a DCP, it's theoretically possible to create it yourself, but the requirements are highly technical, the open source software can be buggy, and the learning curve is steep.