SCHOOL SHOWS & DANCE RECITALS
Tonal Vision has a special program for filming school performances and dance recitals created specifically for educational institutions, such as schools, dance studios, and theatre groups.
- Our Basic Video Package is $1,000 (1 videographer; 2 cameras; complete filming and editing). Our Premium Video Package is $1,750 (2 videographers; up to 4 cameras; complete filming and editing).
- Duplication costs are $6.00 each for flash drives and $3.50 each for DVDs.
- For $4.00 each, you can email us your document file with a list of orders and we'll direct ship to families for you, complete with USPS order tracking.
- Order-taking and fulfillment (if desired) is $13.00/DVD or flash drive. This cost includes a production assistant at your event to take orders and answer questions; credit card processing; sales tax; a dedicated web page for online orders; duplication, packaging and shipping. With our order-taking and fulfillment, as long as projected sales are sufficient to cover our costs, there is no out-of-pocket expense to your organization.
- Our videos include the entire performance, with dead time edited out at the beginning and end, as well as between songs
- Performer credits, either after each number or at the very end
- An opening trailer/highlights video
- Balanced audio, which includes a mix of the actual songs, audience reactions & performers on stage
- A mix of cameras so viewers can see close-ups, wide shots and different angles. Videos are color-corrected so the shots match as much as possible.
- We guarantee our work -- if any discs fail to play correctly, we mail a free replacement with no questions asked.
Additional Options (no cost)
- Digital download of your video, available for 1 month, which can be provided to families when we send them notices that their videos are shipping, and/or can be provided to your school for use at your discretion.
- “Behind the Scenes” short video of dancers getting ready, audience arriving, etc. (requires videographer access to private areas or else a volunteer you provide)
- YouTube versions of specific performances that you can post to your channel, use for grant applications, etc. (Must be requested before or during the edit, not after the project is archived. Note that there may be copyright issues with the use of popular music on social media.)
- Teachers’ Edition DVDs (just the wide camera)
- Incorporating video from volunteers, to reduce costs and provide more viewpoints and angles.
- Day-after copy of the wide camera video for review purposes (advance request required).
- Tonal Vision's Producer provides an initial basic consultation in our office, by phone or by email; chooses personnel; schedules your shoot and edit; and oversees the project to completion.
- Our Producer will email a booking confirmation, including the date, time and location of the performance and the agreed-upon details. We regard this email exchange as a contract and will be scheduling people and equipment based on this agreement, so it's important to let us know if any details are incorrect or if anything changes.
- If we are taking orders, our Producer will provide a draft order form in advance for your review plus a link to our web site store where families can order videos.
- A few days in advance of your performance, our Producer will email you with contact information for our videographer, the estimated ship date for your finished videos (if not provided previously) and our needs the day of the performance. These will include:
- An electronic copy of the program, which we use to design the DVD cases and for performer credits, and
- Electronic copies of the music, which we can get from a board feed from the sound booth, copies on a flash drive or CDs at the recital, or we can send you a Dropbox upload link.
- As close to the estimated ship date as possible, we will mail the completed videos to you and/or to your families per our agreement.
- We will maintain editable files from the performance for several months in case a change is needed for any reason. If you are a repeat client, we will keep archives of past videos for as long as we work together, so we can make additional copies if requested.
Let's Get Started!
Examples (Highlights * and promo videos)
* Dance recital highlights videos use Tonal Vision original music for copyright reasons. We post these on YouTube in playlists for each dance company or school.